Business Analyst – Swindon – Financial services – £40,000-50,000 per annum
The candidate will be responsible for the business analysis, document writing, and support of the scrum and test teams within the Business Change and IT improvement programmes.
- Complete business analysis for a number of concurrent projects, where solutions may cover multiple business areas.
- Work with User Stories and produce supporting specifications for an audience of Developers, Testers, and Support Staff.
- Work with the Product Owner to produce a prioritised Product Backlog of stories representing all stakeholders.
- Produce change requests considering all aspects of the current system and the risks and benefits involved.
- Attend a bi-weekly planning meeting with the development team to explain the highest priority stories for inclusion in the next sprint.
- Support the Developers and Testers to answer questions and make decisions during the development phase of a project
- Support the Business in building a business case, including cost benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope and development of a high level plan.
- Carry out workshops and feedback sessions with internal stakeholders and advisers, including producing relevant documentation to support the sessions ensuring all end to end processes and relevant business areas have been considered.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Background in Financial Services (specifically Distribution networks would be an advantage) and IT.
- Experience of Business and Systems analysis (Relevant qualifications are an advantage but not a pre-requisite).
Strong working knowledge of:
– Platforms and associated dealing processes
– Point of Sale design
– Payments systems
– Adviser Sales Processes
– Web applications
- Previous experience of working within an agile project methodology, together with process evolution, Iterations/sprints, and scrum meetings.
- Previous experience of process/business analysis including defining operating models, designing new processes and their validation, understanding drivers for change and articulating high level IT requirements.
- Previous experience of producing solutions for web applications taking into account Usability and Accessibility.
- Understanding of business process analysis and business process modelling/re-engineering.
- Understanding of structured analysis and project management methodologies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Facilitation skills at every level to ensure wide understanding and buy in to business processes.
- Good interpersonal skills, strategic thinker.
- Ability to simplify complex things for wider understanding.
- Can create and use wireframes, UML, Use Cases, and standard descriptions to define solutions that are visually appealing and usable.
- Effective communicator, able to present issues logically and influence design, either on a one to one basis or through active participation in meetings/workshops.
- Methodical and structured approach to requirements analysis and process modelling/ re-engineering.