Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Analyst – Central London – £45,000 per annum
Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Analyst required for a client of mine who is a leading provider of software solutions for the Visual Affects (VFX) industry.
The position sits within the Information Technology team, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the creation, ongoing development, and support of all business data, reporting and forecasting. The successful candidate will develop the use of data to drive business performance – collecting, reporting and analysing data. They will effectively manage our data, including collection, storage and integration, and ensure that all business management, finance and performance systems meet business needs.
- Responsible for financial, sales and product data, managing the flow of all report data through the sourcing, input, quality control and delivery stages
- Work with stakeholders across the entire business, to create and foster a culture of enthusiasm and commitment to world class standards for data quality, reporting & analytics
- Take the lead on business systems, you will be devising solutions to ensure maximum benefit from our data assets to drive reliability, improve customer service and ensure value for money.
- Develop existing and new tools including dashboards and reports to enable users to consume and understand data faster
- Provide key data sets and reports to empower operational and exploratory analysis; automate analyses when needed and identify efficiency improvements through business process analysis and metrics
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the business data pipeline, establishing and satisfying KPIs for timeliness and quality assurance
- Manage the operation of a data feed process which allows for the update of multiple statements in one operation, (ETL process)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant experience as a Data professional, ideally from a Systems or Analytics background, with excellent knowledge of Business Intelligence / Management Information best practices
- Knowledge of a programming language and a reporting tool such as SSRS, OBIE, Tableau, Splunk, Log Rhythm, Qlikview is highly desirable.
- Fluency in SQL
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights in a user friendly manner