Delivery Lead – Scrum Master x2 – Permanent – Rickmansworth – £60,000 – 75,000 per annum plus company benefits.
Two Delivery Lead – Scrum Master required for a organisation within the financial services sector based in Rickmansworth, North West London. You will be responsible for leading and managing delivery teams, Scrum or otherwise, taking ownership of the delivery of specific Agile projects. Achieving this by using a predominantly Agile approach. Ensure that implementations are in line with enterprise architecture, principles and agreed design, thereby delivering a quality code into test and production environments. This role will involve line management responsibilities.
- All delivered artefacts must be in line with agreed designs, meet the business/customer requirements and be in accordance with defined quality, coding standards and architectural principles.
- Responsible for supporting the overall governance approach at the time and its implementation within the application delivery teams.
- To understand and adhere to the company IT methodology at the time and industry standards where applicable.
- To ensure the effective management of the application delivery team in line with the business objectives.
- To motivate, inspire and give clear direction to the team to encourage a customer and commercial focus, clear lines of responsibility, excellent results and performance.
- To ensure all team members are managed in line with company policy and legislation, including performance management and appraisals, discipline and grievances and absence management.
- Deputise for the Application Delivery Manager as required.
- Develop, manage and maintain key stakeholder relationships with the Product Management, Portfolio Management, Customer Services, and across COO and the schemes.
Desired Skills and Experience
This role is a crossover one, with elements of a Delivery Lead and a SCRUM master. It therefore has essential attributes from both.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the team and has primary responsibility for ensuring the team is as effective as possible with blockers having as little impact on progress as possible.
- Manages two key outcomes The work backlog – ensures that stories are of a suitable size, tests are defined, estimates are produced and input dependencies are completed in a timely manner before the stories are played Ensures the Sprints are executed in a controlled way, i.e. pre-planning, planning, all Agile ceremonies take place.
- The ‘inward facing’ project manager for the team. Serves the team in whatever capacity is required to allow the team to deliver against the Sprint Goal and helps the team in optimising how they work to effectively complete the stories targeted to a Sprint.
- Proven experience of reviewing technical / design documentation and giving constructive feedback as and when required
- Able to demonstrate SME knowledge of industry best practice processes & methodologies
- Strong management, decision making and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to and manage change.
- Able to think strategically and understand and manage the impact and risk of decisions