Development Project Manager – Coventry – £50,000 – £60,000 per annum + £5,000 car allowance
I am currently working with a client who provide software to the retail industry working with a diverse range of retail organisations. The also provide managed services, contact centre services and SAP retails consultancy.
This roles sits within their development and professional services department and the challenges you will face will be to deliver new and enhanced versions of the companies products. You will be responsible to motivate and develop your software development team and provide input into the strategic development of the department.
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop development team(s), which comprise of cross functional teams including developers, QA, business analysts and technical architects.
- Plan development and all related deliverables using a combination of agile/Scrum methodology and traditional project management techniques, where necessary. This will include:
- Daily SCRUM meetings
- Facilitating Sprint Planning and Review meetings
- Facilitating Sprint Retrospective meetings
- Managing the Product\Release and the Sprint backlog
- Tracking and communicating team velocity through the use of burn down charts and sprint/release progress updates
- Manage all aspects of project development including development of project plans, resource plans, project governance, day to day management of the development team and control of releases to ensure delivery of projects on time, to budget and to customer expectation and satisfaction.
- Establishing and managing expectations, both internally and externally.
- Control financial aspects of the project
- Work closely with product management team to ensure that customer projects are aligned where possible with the Company’s product development roadmap
- Work with customers and where necessary internal stakeholders to manage project scope, set customer expectations, manage scope changes, and set milestones and delivery timescales.
- Where appropriate work with internal teams during the handover and support phases of the project, and ensure all necessary maintenance is completed in an appropriate timeframe
- Establish a creative and productive environment through effective team coaching and line management
- Work with the release manager to ensure deployment notes/changes are added to the release and knowledge is passed from the project stream to release team
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of managing a software development project teams with strong people management background.
- Demonstrable experience of managing software development projects through Scrum or a similar Agile process. In depth working knowledge of Agile software development approaches.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle from elaboration of requirements through to transition to customer business as usual.
- Experience of delivering software products and/or applications to external customers
- Experience of object oriented development methods and object oriented languages, preferably Java.
- Working knowledge of JIRA or Greenhopper type products
- Certified Scrum Master
- Kanban Practitioner
- Hands-on technical background in software development or similar
- Formal project management training and/or qualifications