Middleware Technical Architect – Infrastructure
My client based in North West London is searching for a Middleware Technical Architect to join their team due to continued success.
The role requires the holder to steer Middleware infrastructure solutions through all stages of the development life cycle from bid, concept through architecture, design, build, test and handover to the production.
The role will interface with Solution Architecture, Project Management and the Middleware delivery teams.
Typically, the role will require the post holder to:
- Produce Middleware High Level Designs for Solution Designs.
- Help maintain the product roadmap for Middleware
- Ensure that solutions conform to policies and standards and integrate with other parts of the IT infrastructure
- Ensure that solutions meet defined non-functional requirements for performance, scalability, availability, security and manageability
- Proven experience of delivering complex technical designs and architectures
- Ability to present complex technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- A clear understanding of how non-functional requirements such as performance and availability are delivered by a technical solution
- IT infrastructure or development to architect or senior designer level
- Thorough knowledge and experience of the following:
- Oracle Weblogic
- IBM MQ
- Apache Web Server
- Significant experience in a demanding, high availability environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team – working on a level playing field with colleagues
- Excellent customer rapport, driven by the need to satisfy customer requirement whilst maintaining a sense of business priority
- Ability to create executable strategic and tactical plans and to organise self and others to execute these plans.
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexibility to take on new products, services, strategies, ways of working
- Ability to find solutions to customer issues and ways through barriers to overcome difficulties
- Knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle OEM for Middleware
- Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle Grid Link
- IBM Tivoli
- Liferay Portal
- Thales Safesign
- Thales HSM
- Design and implementation of high availability and high scalability OLTP systems (may include transactional web based systems)
- Security Architecture and implementation, including at least one of these technologies: PKI; high security 2 factor web solutions; federated/cooperative security solutions, e.g. using SAML; PCI/EVA
- Architecture for operations, including design for and deployment of Enterprise
- Management tools (e.g BMC, Interlink)
- Exposure to Oracle GoldenGate
- Exposure to Oracle Database (including RAC and DataGuard)