Network Security Specialist – Finance and Payments Sector – Luton area
My client based in the Luton area has a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and highly skilled team of Network & Security Specialists who are recognised as subject matter experts in their field.
You will be responsible for the administration and handling of the vulnerability management process across network and security devices.
This is a hands-on role which requires a strong networking & security background (ideally CCNP or higher) as you will be responsible for the Threat Assessment and proposed remediation across all Network devices, as well as providing exposure to leading edge technology including Juniper and Cisco Firewalls, F5 load-balancers & Cisco Nexus Switches.
Must have a strong routing, switching and firewall background.
- The role holder is required to maintain a real-time view of the threat landscape and ensure that all know threats are handled in the most appropriate manner
- Responsible for all elements of DDOS protection, detection and alerting across core business services
- Ensure all network and security assets are included in automated security scans and PEN tests
- Handle all internal and external vulnerability notifications relating to network and network Security devices
- Manage firewall policies and rule-sets delivering optimisation and automation as appropriate
- Must have a practical working knowledge of the following protocols and technologies
- IPsec VPN
- Solicit & action regular product announcements from vendors (CISCO, JUNIPER, F5) regarding vulnerability and EOSS, EOHS information
- Schedule & oversee preventative & remedial action as appropriate
- Threat based analysis using industry recognised classifications &scoring systems i.e. CVSS
- Ensure all Routers, Switches, Loadbalancers and Firewalls are managed in line with Internal Security Policy & industry best practice
- Break-fix inventory
- Must have a good working knowledge of the following:
- STP (all variants)
- HSRP or equivalent
- Forensic Analysis experience using SNMP, Syslog, Packet based analysis tools
- Practical knowledge of threat detection, intrusion prevention/detection techniques and attack vectors
- F5 Load balancer and IDS/IPS knowledge is desirable
- SIEM technology experience desirable
- ITIL foundation or practitioner
- Previous experience working as part of Network or IT Security team, within a high availability financial services or web facing environment
Due to occasional travel between sites, must hold a current, valid driving license and own car
If you feel you have the desired skill set for this role please call immediately for a confidential discussion on 01242 236 460.