Oracle DBA – Contract – DV
My client based in Gosport is searching for DV cleared Oracle DBA for an initial 3 month contract with the option to extend.
To Provide DBA Production and Development Support Services so that database related changes resulting from live incidents or approved change requests are identified, developed and tested prior to implementation, thus solving the business need/problem. To ensure the database is correctly implemented and supported to provide optimal performance to the business users and meet the expectations of the agreed service levels.
• Perform impact analysis of technical refresh programme looking to upgrade from EBS v 12.1.3 to v 12.2.4
• Ensure that changes/incidents are managed according to the change/incident management processes, and that responses are within the agreed service levels
• For approved incidents/changes, ensure that the appropriate changes are made to the database component products (eg scripts, rules, triggers) and that changes are made in a controlled environment, using configuration management techniques, thus ensuring easy and reliable regression if needed.
• Ensure all changes to database products are tested and are error-free before releasing to the development/test/implementation teams.
• Provide clear, concise and accurate instructions to the operations team, ensuring that these are tested, error free, and reviewed/approved by the target user group before release.
• Provide expert domain advice and guidance on database related issues. Ensure that issues are prioritised with the originator and resolved to the satisfaction of the originator and/or Project Manager.
• Install Oracle software patches on the relevant servers according to the manufacturer’s instructions, thus providing in-support Oracle environment.
• Provide database configuration (eg placement and resource requirements for logs, datafiles etc) to allow for efficient resource usage in the datacentre environment.
• Monitor and tune the database environment, to ensure system integrity and performance
• Test new releases of database software prior to installation in the live environment. Ensure that the latest version of software has no detrimental effect on application functionality and performance.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the database environment backup strategy. Ensure that backups of the environments are taken and recoverable.
• Monitor the live system and identify/analyse statistics that enable decisions to be taken that pre-empt operational problems from occurring eg analysis of sql statements, disk and tablespace usage.