People Manager – Permanent – Rickmansworth – £50,000-55,000 per annum + benefits
The client is moving to an agile delivery model and introducing Scrum as a methodology. The client feels that their Delivery Managers and Scrum Masters should focus on the “work side” and not line management. This has lead to them creating a new role in their delivery team called a People Manager.
You will be responsible for the line management of the scrum and delivery teams, you will be primarily focused on team engagement and satisfaction, personal development and the dynamic of the team. This role will work with other Delivery Managers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners to ensure the team is functioning well.
The role would suit someone who comes from a technology background in infrastructure, development or applications and wants to focus on line management activities.
- Line manager 20-30 technical people, a mix of testers, developers and business analysts.
- 1-1’s, objective setting, reviews and feedback
- Onboarding new starters
- Training plans
- Work with individuals to ensure they have a good personal development plan
- Coach and mentor individuals
- Be a sounding board for people and escalate issues where appropriate
- Experience in managing IT Technical staff
- Developing and implementing a career framework
- Strong decision making, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Flexible and skills in managing change
- Strategically minded