Senior Application Support Analyst (NonStop Apps) – Harrogate based – Finance and Payments Sector – Permanent Position
My client based in the Harrogate area are currently recruiting for a Senior Application Support Analyst to join the IT Solutions department on a permanent basis. They are looking for people who have a strong background working with either BASE24 or Connex.
In the IT Solutions department they currently employ people from various backgrounds, whether that be testers, developers or application support analysts.
The main purpose of the role is to provide support and management of a variety of internal and customer facing applications within the LAS Business Unit. The successful candidate would also be responsible for managing the implementation of new code and supporting the business in developing new applications to enhance operational performance, as well as being responsible for ensuring optimum system availability and integrity, including planning, scheduling and timetabling of own workload and that systems are running to agreed SLA’s and they continue to meet businesses requirements.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the relevant application system architecture, the infrastructure environment, standard application methodologies, programming languages and development tools including:
- BASE24 or Connex on HP NonStop
- HP NonStop based applications
- Demonstrable understanding of the real time ATM transaction processing industry
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to develop/evaluate new tools, methodologies and processes
- Proven track record in understanding technical and operational constraints and translating these into solutions
- Proven experience providing 2nd support for 24*7 real time applications
- Proven experience with the production of technical documentation
- Demonstrable knowledge of change and release methodologies
- High level of interpersonal skills that cover influencing, negotiation, consultation, conflict resolution and assertiveness
- Proven ability to manage change in self in particular in relation to the adoption of new technology
- Demonstrable ability to assimilate information and learn new skills
- Experience of working within a structured environment based around ITIL
- Demonstrable proactive approach to taking responsibility for the overall cost effective delivery of solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge of capacity, resilience and processing modelling
- Knowledge of formal project and development lifecycle methodologies
- Experience/knowledge of:
- Electronic File Transfers
- MasterCard & VISA Gateways
- Financial industry protocols including ISO8583 and LIS5
- ATM message protocols (NDC+, Triton)
- Financial industry hardware and related standards
- Experience within the financial services sector within a related field
For more information on the role, please contact Katie on 01242 236460 or alternatively email her firstname.lastname@example.org.