A managed service provider, specialising in delivering high quality managed IT services is seeking a Service Desk Team Leader with broad experience of supporting a variety of IT services. This position offers an opportunity to work with a highly talented team and to rapidly develop your skill set.
Candidates are expected to have excellent organization and communication skills.
You will have strong knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows Server 2008/12, Active Directory and Exchange etc. The successful candidate will also possess a broad knowledge of technologies including operations systems, servers, networking, web technologies and databases.
Working with the Technical Director ensuring IT service and support is delivered effectively and efficiently in line with client standards by Service Desk and Field Engineers. Working with relevant departments, and relevant business Managers, Technical and Pre-Sales staff and the Service Transition team in order to maximise customer satisfaction and pre-empt and solve any service related issues.
- UK Driving License
- Strong inter-personal skills and English as a first language
- Having previously worked in a desktop support role which included server administration
- Strong trouble shooting skills in familiar and unfamiliar technologies
- Desire to work at supervisory level within an MSP/Service Desk environment
- Desire to supervise multiple teams, developing teams and providing relevant growth and training programmes, including a desire to work in a coaching and mentoring environment
- Demonstrable experience of implementing change, and change management, including reviews of process and procedure to improve efficiencies and customer service delivery
- Desire to develop and deliver customer service excellence across a range of customer bases
- Demonstrable and sound technical skills in all relevant areas
- Demonstrable experience of keeping up-to-date with IT trends and developments using knowledge to increase revenue across customer base
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service delivery
- Delegation, management and leadership skills
- Good organisational skills – flexible approach and ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Focused and goal orientated
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to be resilient and to work under pressure
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting Windows Desktops
- Experience with Microsoft Systems such as Windows Server, Exchange, Active Directory
- Experience with virtualisation technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V
- General networking knowledge – including TCP/IP, load balancing, VoIP and
- Messaging and mail flow concepts (Exchange, spam filtering)
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies – Such as Office 365/AWS/Azure/VMware vSphere
- Work with the technical director to design new processes and implement them. This will include the dissemination of relevant information to the rest of the team.
- Manage the service desk queues and ensure tickets are worked.
- Assist the existing support team to resolve customer issues
- Answer the Service Desk phone when the helpdesk staff are unavailable
- Test and make recommendations on new technologies/systems which could benefit our customers or internal processes.