Team Lead/Lead Developer – Java, Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud, Agile, TDD
I am working with a truly exciting and talented gaming company whose biggest priorities in their business are people and technology. They are looking for a Team Lead/Lead Developer to help coach and mentor a team of team as well as for you lead by example with your own work and code.
You will be walking into an office every morning where your greeted by sweets on the front desk and barista style coffee machine to have your morning latte, cappuccino, espresso or however you prefer your caffeine hit to start the day. Then at lunch time you walk into a breakout area with various types of entertainment including pool table, games consoles, table tennis tales and more. There are also various office snacks available throughout the day including fresh fruit, sweets and chocolate and also fully stocked fridges with soft drinks, beer and wines for you.
You will need to be an experienced Java Developer who is familiar with working in a DevOps environment as well as being able to build RESTful Microservices inside Docker containers. As a lead developer, you will still remain hands on and close to Technology throughout your role.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of 6/7 talented developers, with emphasis on coaching them to achieve great heights and become top class development professionals.
- Champion best development practices throughout the team, whilst leading by example with your own code.
- Driving the recruitment of the team as it continues to grow.
- Ensure all team member have a solid grasp of the latest technologies and techniques (TDD, Pair-Programming)
You should have experience with:
- Java, J2EE
- RESTful Microservices (Dropwizard)
- Writing and Developing API’s (Apigee API gateway)
- Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud or AWS or Cloudstack or Openstack)
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Spring (Spring Boot)
Interested in hearing more? Please hit apply and I can be in touch with more information. Alternatively, please feel free to give me a call on 0330 052 2870 or drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This is a permanent opportunity based in the centre of London. Salary £75,000 + 10% bonus + benefits + an awesome office space in the heart of London