Technical Architect / Software Architect – Cambridge – £55,000-70,000 per annum + benefits
Technical / Software Architect required for a global consultancy based in Cambridge.
The initial challenges of the role will be to roll out in new services to established and new clients, delivering Software as a service. The client is building a new service within the organisation and you would be working with Cloud, Big Data and the Internet of Things. You will be working with clients acorss a variety of different industry sectors and collborating with a team of talented engineers and analysts.
- To be the lead software and technical architect for cloud based platforms that connect devices and deliver digital services, with particular focus on secure and scalable systems that deliver flexible Software as a Service business models.
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams of highly talented people from around the globe that drive changes in technology to deliver novel solutions to the everyday needs of individuals and corporations alike.
Type of work
- Digital Services is a new initiative for; one that builds on the extensive range of work by the company in connected devices, data analytics and integrated systems across many sectors and with clients from around the world.
- We combine excellent technical and commercial skills with robust service design and evaluation methods and a broad base of industry experience to form a powerful development team. Our work ranges from undertaking complete service platform development and operations from concept, pilots and commercial launch, through to providing consulting services for our clients on their technology, product offering and future strategy.
- Develop solutions for connected devices where scalable, flexible and secure software platforms, service availability and security of personal data are vital.
- Technically guide multi-disciplinary project teams of Engineers, Consultants and Designers to realise your design.
- To liaise with clients to understand their technical needs and use your strong technical expertise to prepare proposals which capture and structure these requirements clearly.
- Apply your knowledge of the state-of-the-art software tools and techniques to ensure standards-compliant design that takes advantage of the latest thinking in database systems, open innovation and federated identity management.
- Use your development experience to drive a robust and agile approach to software development, testing,
documentation and deployment of live commercial services.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have significant experience of the development of large scale secure software platforms that work with connected devices.
- You will have a good first hand understanding of systems integration, networking and cloud infrastructure across multiple organisations of suppliers and customers.
- You will have been active in creating SaaS platforms, with experience of a range of technologies such as Microsoft and Oracle as well as open source alternatives such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and NoSQL.
- You will be aware of the latest thinking in data analytics and have a good understanding of the impact that Big Data and the Internet of Things will have on the way digital services are provided.
- You will have experience of how to get the best out of software teams using Agile Development and Automated Testing methodologies.
- You will have experience in deploying systems through pilot and into commercial operations.
- You will have an excellent degree in Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- You will have proven leadership and communication skills.