WEB DEVELOPER – Winchester – Competitive Salary
Web Developers are engaged in the design, creation, testing, installation and maintenance of web solutions that play an important part in making the business more efficient and helping it provide a better service.
A typical project will involve working with the specifications provided by a Solutions Architect and Business Analyst to either replace a whole system, create integration code to link to ‘off the shelf’ software or modify, enhance and/or maintain existing systems.
- Design, build and deploy high quality solutions to support business needs, whilst adhering to all IT Security Policy rules
- Carry out the appropriate amount of analysis in order to fully understand the business benefits of any solution you are working on
- Be mindful of other project work and any potential clashes with C&M work in order to ensure that there are no costly code clashes
- Provide ad-hoc consultancy/advice to the business and other areas of IT when asked, and when appropriate
- Ensure the level of testing carried out is appropriate for the complexity of the change and is risk-based to reduce testing duration
- Deal with support calls allocated to you in a timely and efficient manner whilst attempting to minimise the impact on your project work
- Analyse problems with a logical and timely approach and recommend solutions to resolve these problems
- Complete all necessary documentation to support the solutions you deliver, ensuring this is accurate, concise and easy to use
- Proven commercial experience developing software in a commercial environment using ASP.NET and C#.
- Proven commercial experience developing commercial solutions using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience of working with Sitecore CMS and Google Analytics desirable.
- Experience of quality front end and responsive design desirable.
- Experience of managing code using a source code management tool e.g.TFS or Git.
- Experience of working with modern software architectural principles and design patterns
- Experience of working with IT teams and business users in a customer focused environment
- Good and effective communication skills with the ability to adapt these to both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
- Able to empathise with customers in order to establish the true priority of issues that require resolution
- Able to establish the full details of a problem prior to devising an appropriate and effective solution
- Able to learn new systems quickly
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot issues that could be caused by code/database/server/client – sometimes based on limited information from customers and whilst working under pressure to deliver
9am – 5.30pm Monday – Thursday.
9am – 4.30pm Friday.
There may be an occasional need to work longer hours where there are deadlines to be met.
Some travel may be required when working with near or off shore software delivery services.