2x Scrum Masters
Salary : Competitive
Contact Name : Peter Ockwell
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2x Scrum Masters – Rickmansworth – £60,000 – £70,000 per annum + benefits
Purpose of the role:
- To lead and manage the successful delivery of software changes to high performance, scalable, mission critical payments services using Java, Web and Oracle technologies.
- To be the primary interface between project managers and the development function for this.
- Ensure the implementations are in line with enterprise architecture, principals and agreed design, and a quality service is delivered into test and production environments successfully.
- Systems are required to process in excess of 1000 million items per year at rates of over 1000+ items per second.
- This role may involve line management responsibilities where agreed.
- Support the day to day running of the agile teams
- Coach and mentor the teams to instil an agile approach and culture
- Ensure blockers are removed so that the teams can continue working with minimal delay
- Manage multiple agile teams
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to prioritise the backlog and create the roadmap
- Monitor the velocity of the agile teams and help them adjust to stabalise and improve their velocity
- Act as an advocate for agile to help drive culture change
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong experience of working in engineering teams, as a Scrum Master, Agile Coach or Development Manager
- Demonstrable experience of leading transformation to agile practices or continuous improvements in newly established agile teams
- Experience of using Jira tools for backlog tracking, burn-up/burn-down metrics, velocity etc.
- Solid experience of working with Agile teams that develop large, high transaction services
- Good understanding of software development practices and agile software testing techniques (such as TDD, BDD, CI)
- Demonstrable experience of raising issues and driving change
- Proactive and passionate about learning new things and improving existing challenges
- Ability to encourage efficient communication and continuous improvement
- Certified Scrum Master or similar qualification
- Ideally you will have worked distributed teams
- Seen the transition from traditional waterfall to Agile working- understand both cultures
- Experience of working with a high transaction volumes and Back End Servers
- Experience in Jira Agile tools
- Active involvement in Agile communities
- Knowledge of lean and XP techniques in relation to software development
- Knowledge of Java and Oracle development