Snr DevOps & Automation Engineer
- £50K / Year
Snr DevOps & Automation Engineer - Tewkesbury - Permanent Read more
Snr DevOps & Automation Engineer
£50,000pa + bonus + benefits
Lead and build out the DevOps function, SC clearance needed (or at least eligible)
Lead Platform Developer
Type: Long Term Contract
- 600.00 / Day
Lead Platform Developer- Letterkenny- Full-time Read more
Are you a Platform Developer with strong Cloud experience? Have you designed and developed complex platforms? Do you want to work for a company at the heart of Technology within the aviation sector? Then read on, this is the role for you...
You will work on a rewrite of a web application, with a team based in Letterkenny. The application will be re-written into microservices, which will be hosted in the cloud. It is essential that you have expert knowledge in cloud technologies, as you will be responsible for leading the development in this area.
Manages the technical design development and maintenance of Platforms and related services using existing and emerging technologies.
- Design and develop complex platforms and services, customize, test and issue technical recommendations guidelines for implementation and support.
- Participate in gathering, managing and analysing requirements to design new platform solutions.
- Participate in the platform vendor selection and issues technical recommendations to the business owner.
- Participate in the definition and evolution of development practices and all technical processes and guidelines.
- Help to further develop less experienced members of the team.
- Provide expert level support to Operational teams.
- Minimum of 5+ years of computer science experience in a development capacity preferably in Cloud computing.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert knowledge in Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP etc.).
- Ability to be the Technical Lead on complex projects (size or scope) overseeing requirement analysis through implementation and support.
- Good knowledge of the network and security standards.
- Sound knowledge on IT security concepts and their application to Platform architecture.
- Good knowledge of application architecture concepts.
- High-level designs for medium to complex platform solutions.
- Estimate time and cost for projects of medium to high complexity.
- Understand trade-offs and risks with platform solution choices.
- Understand how to apply technical knowledge to solve business problems.
- Good knowledge of operational processes.
- Working well both independently or as a member of a team.
6 months - good chance to renew
Letterkenny - up to circa £600pd or €650pd
Lead DevOps Engineer
- 115K / Year
Lead DevOps Engineer- London- Full-Time Read more
Are you an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer? Do you live and breathe Container environments using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes? Are you confident with scaling architecture to meet global demand? Then read on, this is the role for you...
Established in 2014, you will be working for a very tech focussed CRM and Marketing Automation software company who are VC backed and received their Series B funding last year and have now also opened offices in San Francisco and Austin. Some of their early customers being Facebook and construction giant Balfour Beatty and with other clients such as Coca Cola, ShopDirect and VMware, they are certainly in a great place as a business and are currently scaling up to meet the requirements of their ever-growing list of enterprise-size clients.
You will join a team of creative engineers who are passionate about their craft from the ?rst meta tag, down to the last pixel and believe sweating the small stu? is what makes a beautiful product that exceeds user expectation. Right from the start they have been focused on building a team, not just a product. You will get a lot of responsibility and ownership from day 1 and you will be someone who is not afraid to challenge other team members to get to the best solution. They believe that everyone can be the best at something, and in teaching the others around us.
What they are looking for
You will be a forward thinking leader and engineer to drive the development of their rapidly expanding DevOps team. You will be the sort of person that is willing to get your hands dirty in the code whilst having a desire to teach Senior and Mid-level DevOps experts. You will have a thirst for delivering highly scalable infrastructure and should be ingrained into you.
What responsibilities you'll have
Ability to perform complex work that is a dependent requirement of feature teams to deliver.
Creatively solve technical issues. You do not need to know everything but you need to know how to ?nd the solution.
Coaching and mentoring junior, mid-level, and senior team members.
Mindfulness of scaling architecture to meet global demand.
Enthusiasm around DevOps and a keen desire to get other people involved.
A sense of ownership across platforms and environments.
Out of hours debugging when an emergency arises and you’re the only person on this planet that can ?x it.
What skills you’ll bring
- Previous experience in and passion for leading a team of talented engineers.
- Desire for a hands on approach of teaching from the front.
- Passion for developer enablement - creating a team focused on supporting all engineers.
- You actively contribute to docker hub or another public community.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, Rancher or Docker swarm.
- Terraform/Ansible are second nature and your tool of choice for deploying infrastructure.
- Fluent in Go, Nodejs or python.
- Passion for Linux and ability to work only in the shell.
- Will have the ability to manage multiple systems across strati?ed environments.
Permanent - London
Salary - up to £115,000pa doe + shares + benefits
In the grand scheme of things Devops is one of the newer phrases to the IT world but it has been one of the biggest changes for companies to adopt and the industry to adapt to.
Each website you read and each company you meet with often have a different perspective on the role of DevOps and how it should be done. All of these different perspectives make sourcing great DevOps talent…. interesting to say the least.
Over the past 3 years, DevOps has become a core part of the technical space ITR commonly recruit for across the UK and Europe and our focussed DevOps team are on hand to help find the right DevOps talent to fit within your teams.
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Manager
- Release Manager
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Build and Release Engineer
- DevOps Guru / Ninja / Evangelist
- Cloud Platforms AWS, Azure, GCP
- Private Cloud Platforms
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack
- CI/CD Pipeline, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Container Orchestration, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm