DevSecOps Engineer- London- Full-time Read more
Are you a hands on DevSecOps Engineer? Are you experienced across public cloud platforms and their relevant security? Can you put the "Sec" in DevOps? Then read on this role is for you...
You will be working for the leading innovator in energy technology, a sector that is currently experiencing a period of rapid change, always reimagining how energy should be controlled in the digital age. Not only are they contributing to changes in supplying retail consumers; they are also creating an intelligent control platform for the grid itself, creating support for more renewable energy using batteries and electric vehicles.
They also built the first mobile payment solution for pay as you go customers and are integrating smart home technology into energy supply. Their systems use the best technology has to offer, enabling the real time data streams behind their best in market customer products.
They have a very strong engineering culture that’s all about empowerment and ownership: all to solve one of the world’s greatest problems.
What will I be doing?
This position supports the Technology Function by working closely with DevOps teams to help them put the 'Sec' into DevOps and ensure that all of our services, applications and tools are secure throughout the software development lifecycle.
You will be responsible for:
- Selecting and implementing tools to help dev teams build secure software
- Providing a consultative and coaching service to dev teams
- Being a key member of the DevSecOps community and evangelizing security in the SDLC
- Leading threat modelling workshops to help teams to prioritise remedial actions
- Defining security best-practices in cloud services and communicating those to dev teams
- Automation of security checks in the CI/CD pipeline
- Building, integrating and supporting tools and processes that help identify security weaknesses
Do I have what it takes?
The following skills and experience would be beneficial:
- Secure coding practices
- Awareness of common software security flaws and web application security best practices (OWASP top 10, CWE/SANS Top 25)
- Code static analysis
- Dynamic security testing
- Git secrets scanning
- AWS/GCP security best practices
- Container vulnerability scanning
- Open Source dependency scanning
- Web application firewalls, HAProxy
- Logging, monitoring and alerting on security incidents
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC and DevOps principles
London - Permanent
Excellent salary + bonus + benefits
If you are interested in the above position please do hit apply!
DevOps Engineer- London- Full-time Read more
Are you a DevOps Engineer with a strong background in AWS? Are you also experienced with Terraform? Do you love delivery and automation? Then read on, this role is for you...
You will be working one of the UK’s most successful digital engagement platforms, headquartered in London they have grown from 20 employees in 2015 to over 270 employees and have offices worldwide. You will help companies of all sizes attract, motivate and retain staff by creating a positive and supportive working culture.
This role is for someone who is:
- Interested in the technical challenges of scaling a fast-growing SaaS product
- Looking to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Happy to take technical responsibility and deliver great results
- Keen to collaborate closely with different teams across the business
- Deals well with continual peer review of your work
- Addicted to learning
- Always curious and itching to find more automated and efficient ways of doing things
- Legally able to work in the UK. If not please don’t apply
- Motivated by exceeding expectations and making sh*t happen
- Empathetic and enjoys improving the developer experience for others
- Not embarrassed to own a cupboard packed full of AWS t-shirts
What exactly will I be working on?
Working in small cross-functional teams, you will work on your own product with a mix of Developers, Product Managers, UX, QAs and DevOps Engineers. Each team has a high degree of autonomy and is more or less self-managing...so say goodbye to sign-off processes, risk assessments and that nasty red tape. If you want to make a difference and take ownership of your work then you’ve come to the right place.
The DevOps function within each team is critical to their success. Their DevOps Engineers are involved and have influence in the scoping, design, development and deployment of every new feature or service. You will be someone who loves delivery and automation, the DevOps Engineers aim to empower the teams to deliver value to their growing customer base quickly with a high level of quality and stability.
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Production experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS in production
- Experience building and running distributed systems at scale
- Strong knowledge of DNS, networking, load balancing
- Production experience with MySQL and Dynamodb ideally
- Understanding and implementation of security best practice
- Experience with Ansible / Chef / Puppet / Terraform
- Scripting languages Bash / Python / Node.js
- An understanding of automation in continuous delivery environment
Permanent - London
Excellent Salary on offer + great benefits
Senior DBA (SQL Server)
Senior DBA (SQL Server)- Gloucester- Full-time Read more
Are you an experienced DBA? Is your background in SQL Server? Are you experienced with SQL Server Clustering? Then read on, this role is for you...
Join my client on their exciting and ambitious journey to become a digital organisation and make their technology simpler, faster and better connected. Their digital agenda has never been more important. Within five years they aim to be among the most digitally advanced hospitals trusts in the country, providing the kind of high quality, ‘outstanding’ care that their patients deserve and their staff, aspire to deliver.
At the heart of their digital strategy is the launch of an Electronic Patient Record that will give their clinicians a single point of access to all clinical information, improving their experience of healthcare technology and making them one of the best places to work. None of this can happen without a skilled and enthusiastic team of technical experts, in a wide range of specialties including infrastructure, network, security, hardware deployment and software configuration.
This is a DBA role responsible for providing operational database services primarily for the soon to be implemented trust EPR with the opportunity for wider database management in the future. They are looking for a highly competent and motivated individual for this role, this is a production DBA role but it will also include some developmental and migration activities.
This role requires a service orientated mentality with a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues.
· Experience with Database Administration (SQL Server)
· Experience with SQL Clustering
· Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
· Experience in database consolidation and migration activities
· Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
· Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
Gloucester - Permanent
Excellent salary + benefits
If you are interested in the above position please do hit apply!
In the grand scheme of things Devops is one of the newer phrases to the IT world but it has been one of the biggest changes for companies to adopt and the industry to adapt to.
Each website you read and each company you meet with often have a different perspective on the role of DevOps and how it should be done. All of these different perspectives make sourcing great DevOps talent…. interesting to say the least.
Over the past 3 years, DevOps has become a core part of the technical space ITR commonly recruit for across the UK and Europe and our focussed DevOps team are on hand to help find the right DevOps talent to fit within your teams.
- DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Manager
- Release Manager
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Build and Release Engineer
- DevOps Guru / Ninja / Evangelist
- Cloud Platforms AWS, Azure, GCP
- Private Cloud Platforms
- Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack
- CI/CD Pipeline, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Container Orchestration, Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm