Enterprise Solutions Specialist – London – £50k – £80k Basic £100k – £160k OTE
Reports to: Sales Director
Hours of work: 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday
Salary Range: £50k – £80k Basic £100k – £160k OTE
Summary of the Position:
- To identify and develop new business opportunities which will help the company achieve its strategic and business objectives.
- To generate the maximum amount of profitable sales through the achievement of sales targets and by making new and existing customers aware of the company’s full range of products and services.
- Generate sales to achieve maximum profitability against annual sales targets. 100% of target is minimum expectation.
- Identify and exploit new sales opportunities with existing and potential customers.
- Monitor customer accounts within the allocated sales area to ensure that sales potential is fully exploited.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with all other company departments to identify and progress all sales opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity and prepare regular forecasts to enable effective forward planning.
- Develop an iterative understanding of company offerings and of relevant sales techniques to ensure that the sales role is carried out as effectively as possible.
- Generate sales leads through research, data mining and networking. Respond diligently and promptly to incoming leads regardless of source.
- Keep in regular contact with existing customers to generate further sales, anticipate issues and identify new product opportunities.
- Achieve, at a minimum, all activity targets as set by the company.
- Report regularly to Management in the prescribed format and timescales.
- Effect rigorous handovers and/or introductions of new accounts to colleagues in other departments.
- Execute on-site demonstrations to existing and prospective clients in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Provide excellent customer service and after sales support at all times.
- To adhere to company policies and procedures, quality standards and Health and Safety practices.
- Identify and raise areas for continuous improvement and personal development.
- Adopt a professional manner at all times with colleagues and customers.
- Any other duties required in order to support the needs of the business.
Qualifications and Training:
- Commitment to personal development through training or ‘home-learning’.
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ solutions sales experience with a demonstrable track record of success in a targeted sales environment.
- 5 years’ solutions sales experience
Qualities and Attitude:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of the company’s offering, plus a comprehensive overview of the wider telecommunications market, including competitive landscape.
- A telecommunications background is desirable.
- Proficient in all standard Microsoft programmes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of Salesforce CRM is desirable.
- Competencies (see Interview Guidance Notes)
- Market, company and product understanding
- New business prospecting and networking
- Opportunity qualification and appraisal
- Account development planning
- Organisational, time and territory management
- Bid management; proposal and presentation delivery
- Objection handling closing and negotiation
- Requirements gathering; questioning and listening
- Understanding and articulation of value
- Forecasting, pipeline management and administration
- Key performance indicators (KPI)