Head of International IT Core SAP Systems – Permanent
You will be joining a Global Retail Organisation working closely with the CIO playing a key role in the IT leadership team. The position is ultimately responsible for owning critical business relationships as well as CORE Business solutions and delivery; ensuring the technical capability is sufficient to meet business demands.
The position is responsible for supporting the successful delivery of a number of business critical transformation initiatives in Operations and Finances through CORE ERP Solutions including SAP IS RETAIL, SAP BW on HANA and SAP POSDM.
- Develop and own key stakeholder relationships with internal customers including Operations, Finances, HR and Legal.
- Provide leadership, coordination and direction for the development and delivery of ERP (SAP) and other CORE systems globally across the organisation.
- Learn and understand the business strategy and develop an IT strategy and competency to suit. Develop the dialogue with the wider business to understand their strategic needs and provide a primary point of contact between business stakeholders and IT for the delivery of business-aligned CORE systems.
- Build a high level of credibility with internal stakeholders and influence and drive business strategy and decision making wherever appropriate to the organisations best interests; help shift IT from its historical position of being an order taker’ function.
- Motivate, lead and manage a direct team of Domain Managers; helping them to raise their credibility and effectiveness partnering with their internal stakeholders.
- Take the lead role in selecting and managing key vendors, ensuring an effective hybrid model using low cost, offshore capabilities wherever possible.
- Responsible for overall human resource planning, hiring and development of staff assigned to all delivery projects.
- Development of training plans for teams and identifying required skill-sets to meet business needs.
- Definition and execution of strategies for the implementation, expansion, development, maintenance and support of the SAP functional environment.
- Partner with the business functions and work across IT to deliver smooth transitions from programme delivery to operations, run and maintain activities.
Key requirements for this individual will include:
- Proven track record in the delivery and implementation of large-scale SAP and Corporate Systems programmes – not afraid to operate through a lean team and to get their hands dirty when required;
- Strong leadership skills – able to develop and motivate a high performing SAP & corporate systems competency centre;
- Excellent business stakeholder skills – a credible and impactful individual who is able to work closely with the business to shape strategy, define the business case, and manage delivery and implementation.
- Outstanding inter-personal skills – bright, analytical, energetic, impactful, a strong communicator, able to work with minimal supervision; able to deep dive when required to get to the root of issues and to maintain a detailed understanding of the issues across their area of responsibility.
- Future potential – an individual with the potential to go further in their career and to be a CIO.
- Strong empathy with Retail sector – focus on the customer, speed of response, cost efficiency and a strong eye for detail.
- Strong understanding of the business processes that underpin retail organisations.
- Excellent business stakeholder skills – able to understand and synthesize business requirements and formulate technology programmes; able to build credibility and a strong connection with the business.
- Financial management, cost control, value for money IT.
- Experience of supplier management.
- Ability to explain new technology and act as an advocate for the IT function both internally and externally.
- Experience of IT management roles at scale within an international business.
- Proven experience in the delivery of a multi-year ERP/SAP programme within a significant international business.
- Experience of defining and executing a long-term systems strategy within a significant IT environment, including driving implementation of key IT change programmes.
- Strong project management and portfolio management skills – the ability to handle, prioritise and deliver multiple initiatives.
- Experience in building a competency centre organisation delivering high quality service to a complex international business.
Leadership and Behaviours:
- Comfortable operating at senior level.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and operate effectively within an IT function that suffers from an historical lack of leadership, direction and engagement.
- Leadership experience with the ability to motivate and provide professional development to teams.
- A collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Moves well within an international organisation and is able to facilitate change.
Permanent – South Coast of England
£100,000 pa doe + 20% bonus + benefits