Are you someone who has strong deep lying technical knowledge and able to offer technical guidance and leadership?
Do you have a knowledge and experience around designing details software systems to an architectural specification?
Are you someone who enjoys getting your hands dirty and involved with development on a regular basis?
Well if this sound like you, a leading banking and payments group would love to speak to you!
You will be joining a truly talented new business team to help build the next generation of banking and payments services. As the technical lead you will be required to offer your technical guidance on new greenfield projects, leading teams in design and development throughout the Java technical stack from Back End technologies through Middleware, RDBMS and supporting technologies. You will need to have strong experience working in Agile environment and be familiar with Scrum, XP, TDD, BDD and Pair Programming.
What Skills, Knowledge and Experience Should You Have?
- Design and development of distributed, high performance, high-availability Java applications.
- Hands-on experience of working with Hibernate/JPA, JDBC, Spring (Boot, MVC, Integration, Security etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Core Java SE and Java EE (JEE) technologies
- Good knowledge around Message Oriented Middleware (MOM) technologies such as IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ, ActiveMQ, OracleAQ etc.
- Expertise in use of JEE compliant Servers such as Weblogic & Apache Tomcat
- Solid Exposure to RDBMS technologies including PL/SQL
- Expert knowledge of XML based technologies
- Good knowledge of Web-services based on SOAP/REST, and a good appreciation of RESTful Design Principles and RESTful APIs
What would be beneficial for you to have?
- Experience with functional programming Languages (Scala, Erlang, Clojure etc)
- Knowledge of Devops tools and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Familiar with database Schema design
Please hit apply and I will be in touch with more information. Alternatively, please feel free to call me should you have any urgent queries.
This is a permanent position based in Greater London (Northwest) with a salary between £75,000 – £85,000. There is also a great benefits and bonus package available making full package around £90,000 – £105,000.
Java Technical Lead – Financial Services – Java8, Spring, MQ, Microservices, Agile, TDD, BDD, Devops