Developer – Software and Web
My client based in Winchester is searching for a Web and Software Developer to join their successful and growing team.
- Design, build and deploy high quality solutions to support business needs, whilst adhering to all IT Security Policy rules
- Carry out the appropriate amount of analysis in order to fully understand the business benefits of any solution you are working on
- Be mindful of other project work and any potential clashes with C&M work in order to ensure that there are no costly code clashes
- Provide ad-hoc consultancy/advice to the business and other areas of IT when asked, and when appropriate
- Ensure the level of testing carried out is appropriate for the complexity of the change and is risk-based to reduce testing duration
- Deal with support calls allocated to you in a timely and efficient manner whilst attempting to minimise the impact on your project work
- Analyse problems with a logical and timely approach and recommend solutions to resolve these problems
- Complete all necessary documentation to support the solutions you deliver, ensuring this is accurate, concise and easy to use
Skills and experiences:
- Experience developing software in a commercial environment using ASP.NET, C# and SQL.
- Experience of working with Sitecore CMS, Google Analytics, ORM, nHibernate or Entity Framework desirable.
- Experience of working with modern software architectural principles and design patterns
- Experience of working with IT teams and business users in a customer focused environment
- Good and effective communication skills with the ability to adapt these to both technical and non-technical colleagues and customers
- Able to learn new systems quickly
- Comfortable working under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot issues that could be caused by code/database/server/client – sometimes based on limited information from customers and whilst working under pressure to deliver