‹ Back to search results
Lead Platform Developer
Type: Long Term Contract
- 600.00 / Day
Are you a Platform Developer with strong Cloud experience? Have you designed and developed complex platforms? Do you want to work for a company at the heart of Technology within the aviation sector? Then read on, this is the role for you...
You will work on a rewrite of a web application, with a team based in Letterkenny. The application will be re-written into microservices, which will be hosted in the cloud. It is essential that you have expert knowledge in cloud technologies, as you will be responsible for leading the development in this area.
Manages the technical design development and maintenance of Platforms and related services using existing and emerging technologies.
- Design and develop complex platforms and services, customize, test and issue technical recommendations guidelines for implementation and support.
- Participate in gathering, managing and analysing requirements to design new platform solutions.
- Participate in the platform vendor selection and issues technical recommendations to the business owner.
- Participate in the definition and evolution of development practices and all technical processes and guidelines.
- Help to further develop less experienced members of the team.
- Provide expert level support to Operational teams.
- Minimum of 5+ years of computer science experience in a development capacity preferably in Cloud computing.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Expert knowledge in Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP etc.).
- Ability to be the Technical Lead on complex projects (size or scope) overseeing requirement analysis through implementation and support.
- Good knowledge of the network and security standards.
- Sound knowledge on IT security concepts and their application to Platform architecture.
- Good knowledge of application architecture concepts.
- High-level designs for medium to complex platform solutions.
- Estimate time and cost for projects of medium to high complexity.
- Understand trade-offs and risks with platform solution choices.
- Understand how to apply technical knowledge to solve business problems.
- Good knowledge of operational processes.
- Working well both independently or as a member of a team.
6 months - good chance to renew
Letterkenny - up to circa £600pd or €650pd