20 Common Interview Questions To Prepare For
Interview questions vary for each interview and vary hugely depending on the industry you are working in. We have come up with 20 common interview questions to prepare for. Preparing answers for questions that you think might come up is always a good idea. It’s great to feel prepared and that you can give a strong answer. You don’t need to plan an answer and memorise it word for word, in fact it is probably better if you don’t do this. But have a look at example questions and just think about what your answer could be!
Here is some common interview questions to help you prepare for your interview:
- What do you know about the company?
- Tell me about yourself
- What do you like to do outside of work?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your top 3 skills?
- Why do you want to work here?
- What interests you about this role?
- What do you think the first 3 months of this role will be like?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Can you give an example of when you dealt with conflict at work?
- What was your greatest professional achievement?
- What are your career goals?
- Why are you leaving your current role?
- What do you think this role will be like?
- How did you find out about this job?
- What can you bring to this company?
- What kind of work environment do you like best?
- Have you had to make difficult decisions at work?
- What do you know about this industry?
- Do you have any questions?
This is just a short list of the possibilities of questions that you might get asked. This list can give you an idea of what to start to think about.
It is also a good idea to think of questions specific to your industry so you can prepare for them. For example if you are interviewing for an IT based role, are you aware of all of the skills and terminology that you might need to discuss? Also a lot of interviewers will ask situation based questions where you need to give an example of when you did something. So come up with a few examples so you aren’t put on the spot in the interview.
Check out our latest blog on on the best tips to prepare for an interview.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more career tips and job opportunities.
Follow us for more updates