IT Interview Questions To Prepare For
We have put together some typical IT interview questions you might be asked. Before you go for your interview, read over the job description and make sure you know everything about the role. This will help you to think about the specific IT skills they will want to talk to you about. It is very likely that most of the IT questions will be very specific to your role, but our examples are standard questions to prepare for.
- What languages have you programmed in?
- When have you applied your technical knowledge to a situation?
- Can you explain [a technology relevant to the job] in simple terms?
- What source controls tools have you used?
- Tell me about the technologies you know.
- How do you stay updated on the industry?
- Give an example of when you dealt with a difficult technical challenge.
- What challenges do you think you might face in this role?
- Do you work on any tech projects in your spare time?
- How confident are you with [specific programme language]?
- What are your favourite technologies?
- What is the most exciting project you have worked on?
- How do you go about solving problems?
- How can our company stay up to date within the industry?
This is just an idea of the sorts of questions to prepare for. Make sure you have refreshed yourself on industry knowledge and are ready to discuss specific skills. The job description should give you a clear idea of the skills and experiences they will be looking out for. Also think of a few examples of when you used these skills, so you can prove you are the right candidate for the role.
How do you prepare for IT interviews?
Check out our latest blog on How To Follow Up After An Interview!
Follow us on LinkedIn for more recruitment tips and job opportunities.
Follow us for more updates